Essentials for Schools
Nudie SurfGroms is a national junior development program for 5-12 year olds that encourages kids to get involved in surfing all around Australia.
Nudie SurfGroms consists of a variety of activities, games and lessons that cater to all age groups, however, there are two key age groups with learning materials to suit. The MiniGroms program is available for children aged 5 - 8 years and SuperGroms for children aged 9 - 12 years.
Surf conditions, etiquette, first aid, and basic surf rescue skills have all been incorporated into the nudie SurfGroms program. All nudie SurfGrom participants who demonstrate ocean awareness and beach safety skills for each level will receive a completion certificate.
PRIMARY SCHOOL PROGRAM
The nudie SurfGroms Sporting Schools program offers two different packages to suit the needs of your school and help students develop skills and confidence in surfing in a fun, safe environment.
- Six hour program - Consists of four 90 minute sessions with a minimum of 10 and maximum of 32 participants, and a ratio of one Surfing Australia qualified coach to eight participants.
- Four hour program - Consists of four 60 minute sessions at a RRP based on $65 per head with a minimum of 10 and maximum of 32 participants, and a ratio of one Surfing Australia qualified coach to eight participants.
Every participant receives a free Rip Curl backpack containing the following products:
- Rip Curl backpack
- Rip Curl pencil case
- nudie SurfGroms rash-vest
- nudie brekkie
- 2XP Groms sunscreen
- Woolworths fresh food guide
- Rip Curl discount voucher
Registered school contacts can login to their Sporting Schools account to access the Booking System and view all the packages available in more detail. You can also visit the Sporting Schools Help Centre for further information.
CAN TEACHERS DELIVER?
Yes, teachers can deliver nudie SurfGroms in Sporting Schools by meeting the requirements below. Specifically, the teacher must be a Surfing Australia Surf School instructor and you will be able to only book coach-delivered packages.
You will need to: