Payment and acquittals
Successful recipients will be notified via email to the nominated schools contacts (Principal, Sporting Schools Coordinator, Secondary Schools Coordinator and Finance Contact as well as the Shared Services provider contact email if applicable) and if successful, schools will receive payment via electronic transfer to the nominated bank account. Please maintain and update your bank details via your Sporting Schools account.
At the time of each payment, the recipient will receive a RCTI identifying the GST component of each payment.
Some state and territory departments of education have entered into shared service arrangements. Please note how this may impact on your funding arrangements:
- You may need to follow specific processes to access funding from your department of education;
- You may be subject to a funding schedule due to shared service requirements or processes.
For additional information please contact your state and territory department of education.
Funded schools must complete the Sport Australia acquittal process which also includes additional reporting and evaluation requirements.
The program parameters require your school to complete the acquittal process, including the settlement of invoices and provision of Program delivery data to Sport Australia by the nominated due dates.
Acquitting and reporting is Sport Australia’s assurance that your school used the funds according to the the program parameters and terms and conditions. This is part of all parties’ due diligence obligations.
It’s important to note, that subsequent funding applications will not be processed if any acquittals or invoices are outstanding.
Refer to ‘How do I complete my acquittal?’ for a detailed step by step process.
Sport Australia financial audits require schools to provide full financial details of Sporting Schools expenditure within a specified funding period. Selected schools will be notified by email and have 10 business days to supply full financial details (such as copies of receipts and invoices).
There are four possible outcomes from a financial audit:
- No further action to be taken – details provided complies with Sporting Schools parameters and terms and conditions;
- Invoice for unapproved expenditure or additional unspent funds – details provided include items that are not approved within Sporting Schools guidelines, or the total of provided details equals less than the declaration made in the acquittal;
- Credit applied to an existing residual funds invoice – details provided total more than the declaration made in the acquittal;
- Invoice for the full amount of the grant – if a school does not respond to the audit and submit required documentation, they will receive notification of non-compliance, and an invoice will be raised for the full amount of the grant.
More information about Sporting Schools funding can be found on our Help Centre.