Sporting Schools is a $160 million Australian Government initiative designed to help schools to increase children’s participation in sport, and to connect children with community sport.
The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) has partnered with more than 30 national sporting organisations (NSOs) to deliver sport before, during and after school hours, via their network of aligned organisations, coaches and teachers.
Sporting Schools programs are underpinned by the quality assurance provided by the NSOs, and importantly, the programs are free to children and their families.
Sporting Schools aims to:
- provide quality organised sporting experiences;
- connect 860,000 children with NSO endorsed sporting opportunities;
- increase children’s participation in sport;
- nurture children’s lifelong love of sport; and
- create stronger links between children and local sporting clubs.
Already over 6,000 schools have registered to be a part of this initiative committed to helping sport, schools and communities work closer than ever before to grow sporting activity in schools.
Let’s get our next generation playing sport regularly and developing a lifelong love of sport through Sporting Schools.
Sporting Schools also offers:
- Quality online sporting resources
- Lesson plans and sport-based professional development opportunities for all coaches and teachers